Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sept. 5, 2012

All right, here's the lowdown. First of all, good work on the anniversary. Happy twenty years. That is something to be proud of. Thanks for being such a good example to me. So here it is. I walked into the dallas airport and saw one elder and one sister chillin in front of the gate. Then i found another one on the plane. So i totally won that bet. It was probably inspiration. Four of us. So we land in Buenos Aires, and go through security, customs, blah blah blah. When we get through, we{re looking around for a guy holding a sign or something, just someone to pick us up, but there's no one. Then a dude walks up, just jabbering in spanish, and tells us to come with him. So after jumping through a bunch of hoops, (they weren't expecting us, i guess), we got a ride to the CCM. Since then, it's been a blur. I'm now the district leader over those two hermanas and an elder that i found in the airport. The days are long, but the weeks are flying. I can't believe it's been a week already. I'm learning more every day than I thought was possible. I can get along in spanish. It is flying so fast and so thick. My companion is elder francis, and he is pretty awesome. Very faithful, but he really misses his familia and that kinda affects him. So i'm working on cheering him up with my cheerful and bubbly attitude. There's only twelve americans here. And a brit. There's about seventy latinos. Nowhere to run. I thought I was gonna die when Hermana Arcos told us we were teaching our very first lesson in spanish. With an investigator that didn't speak english. Serious stuff. So me and Elder F said a prayer that we could communicate the ideas of the gospel to her, and we totally got it. Fue un milagro. Since then, the espaƱol has only gotten better. i love these latino guys, they're so happy and enthusiastic about the gospel, but they are actually insane. I almost got my head knocked off the other night while i was walking through the hallway to the bathroom. A bottle of water comes flying like a foot in front of me at about50 mph. Haha they tied an exercise band between two beds and were trying to shoot people. It was great. The spirit is strong here. Next saturday we get to go out on the streets and talk to real people. I am so excited for that. Anyway, the gospel is true. Just gotta keep working. And eating alfajors.

love you all
Elder Pyper

No comments:

Post a Comment