Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sept. 27, 2012

Mufasa!

It is going real well here in the CCM. Things just keep going. I can't believe I've been here for four weeks already. Only 23 months left :( I feel like I should get an extra two months stuck on the end of the mission for all the time I spent not being in Uruguay!

That does sound like a fun time. I'd be happy to participate in any of those activities. Especially chick fil a. It seems as though it's been years since I've had any kind of americanish food. OH MY GOSH we had steaks the other night. So good. I was speechless after it was over. The meat was more tender than a marshmallow. Or bread or something. Good cows. And congrats on second place. That's a job well done.

So, I'm still learning fast. It's definitely some divine intervention. At some point during this week, I started understanding a lot of what people are saying, which is exactly what I needed. I'm thinking I'm going to be quite functional when I leave the CCM for Uruguay. And about an hour ago, we were doing this activity where we read the book of mormon in spanish and comment on it, how it could help our fake investigadores, stuff like that. Usually we have our english scrips open as well so we know what we're reading! But today, something just clicked, and I read like Mosiah 4:1-4 before I realized I was understanding every word. That's some sweet business. Then I came back down to earth when he started talking about succor.

I'm so excited to leave now. Proselitismo is the best time of the week by far. And it's hilarious that I love it, cause it's like the worst part of missionary work. Anyway, here's a cool experience me and elder Francis had. In between the last proselitismo and now, we discovered that relying on the Spirit is really the way to go. So we stepped up our game this time. After meticulously planning out our six hour block of time, we were carrying out the plan, working Quadrant O on the map, just clapping doors, talking to people, when I see this guy with a sweet Jamaican hat. And I have this thought that I should go talk to him. But I hesitate, and he walks off. Dang it. So about two o clock, I see him again, right as we're knocking on a door, and I missed him again. And I'm just feeling like we really need to talk to this guy. About thirty minutes before we're supposed to go, we've basically tracted our entire area, and we have no clue what to do. So we stop at an intersection and pray for guidance, that we can know which direction to turn for one more person. So we spend about thirty seconds surveying the options, then the thought enters my head that we should go back the way we came. So I turn around, and Fancy Francy is already walking back that way haha. So we're knocking doors along that street, and I see the Jamaican again, and this time he's carrying some kind of strange blue apparatus. Ignoring the fact that he's carrying that, and also that Elder Francis just clapped a door, I take off in pursuit. So Jamaican sits down on the corner and we walk up and offer him some gospel, which he gladly accepted. We gave him a book of mormon, taught him about the atonement, and got his info for the real missionaries. He then commended us for being from America, but being good guys who don't discriminate. I said, Todo dia, cada dia. Then we left. And his name is Walter, which is totally fresco.

Overall, proselitismo blows my mind, because we barely speak spanish, but we're possibly changing people's lives forever. Nuts. And the americans always do better than the latinos somehow. No sé por qué. 

Out of time, but love you all!
Elder Pyper

No comments:

Post a Comment