Thursday, October 4, 2012

October 4, 2012

Well, 

I can't believe it's been another week already. It's unreal. I'm leaving with the next group of latinos that comes in, either the night of the 29th, or the 30th. I'm so pumped. I love learning about the gospel here, but I need to go. A month of my mission is already gone, and I've only given out like five book of mormons. Gotta get working. 

It's good to hear about things from home. I'm proud of everyone and I miss you all.

Thanks to everyone who emailed or sent me a letter, I just barely got stamps, so you'll start getting letters soon.

Well, the biggest thing on my mind has been my calling lately. I really evaluated how I do my personal study last week, and since then I've been having really spiritually intense studies. We're talking revelation here. It's so crazy. I've been reading in 2 Nephi 4 for like two weeks, haha I just can't leave. It's so beautiful and I feel like I can use that doctrine to become more like Christ and become a better missionary. A few scriptures that come to mind are Alma 13: 1-5 and Mosiah 21:35. They contain awesome messages.

Spanish is going fine. Just truckin along. I feel like it's a stretch to be fluent when I leave, but I'll do my absolute best. 

One thing that's really changed is how I look at life. My district, and being their leader has really taught me a ton about life and the gospel. I look at them and I realize how much I want them to succeed, and it's so weird. I really love all them.

Proselitismo was pretty rough this week. We went to the actual richest area in all of argentina this time. We were like ringing the doorbells of mansions and maids or security guards were answering the door five minutes later. Nuts. We had the most success with the people just passing through, because they weren't puffed up. I feel confident that two of the people we talked to will get baptized though. They were hungry.

Elder Francis is starting to do better, I kinda tried to give him a wake up call in my own way, and it worked, so he's working hard now and feeling exhausted, but way better at the end of the day.

Ok, I'll have way more time to write a longer letter next week, so see ya later. Good luck with your endeavors, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment