Monday, July 22, 2013

July 15, 2013

Dear fam,

I am well this week. It's been a hard one, it rained a good part of the week, and now that one of the missionaries that moved into our house has a thermometer, we found out how cold our house is in the morning. 40 degrees fahrenheit. It is awful. The sleeping bag is literally saving my life, haha. So it's just been a cold miserable wet week. But la fe no se pierde. It's a crazy world I live in. 

I cannot believe all this nonsense thats going on out there. What's happening in our family is just as nuts as in the outside world. One of my investigators the other day was trying to show me some pictures of his baby boy, and he asked me for help with the computer, cause he didn't know. I confidently told him I knew how to run a computer, and proceeded to encounter some kind of funky operating system that I had no clue what it was. I was defeated. But that's not all. I don't remember if I already asked about this, but Hostess is out of business? what the heck? Who is going to make cupcakes?

This week we saw a lot of effort and little results. I think what happened is that we directed our effort too much at staying happy in freezing rain, and not enough at trying to find people in freezing rain. So I'm working on it. Two wonderful investigators that we have are not coming to church still, and yet again, I find myself facing a seemingly impossible baptismal goal. "It'd take a miracle." But we are seeking one, and we hope to deserve one at the end of this week.

I am honestly learning way more from the guys in my district than they are from me. The only thing I know how to do in Uruguay is butcher your hair and get really fat. But they are excelent missionaries who have helped me to grow a lot already.

Anyway, I love you guys, I am excited to see all of you on some undisclosed date in the future!!

Love, 
Elder Pyper

P.S.  Here is kind of a sad picture:
Andy and Pres. and Sis. Armstrong, they are being reassigned because she has some hip problems and can't do all the travel required as a mission president's wife.  So this is a farewell pic.


No comments:

Post a Comment