Sunday, April 28, 2013

April 22, 2013

Dear dad, 

Doing wonderful. Seriously, me and Elder Ve'e are rocking the boat. This man is a beast. He has great desires to serve, so we're seeing a lot of miracles. Our second night here, we found a guy named Luis, a pretty well off guy in his fifties, married, three kids, and I just answered a question he had about the bible, gave him a BOM, and he has transformed into a different person. In only a week, too! The man was so prepared, and the Lord, through our random wanderings in a dark Montevidean night, put us right on his doorstep. But we had no clue where we were. Totally lost. But he's progressing right toward his baptism in two weeks.

Yeah, I think I'm doing ok with the training, I'm just trying to show him what's important in the mission, and he's getting it immediately. The guy's a stud. But yeah, we only speak spanish in the streets. He'll survive. If we speak english, he just starts making your mom jokes... Haha but I love it. I actually was very well prepared by the Lord to train. I feel the responsibility, but not the weight of the burden. He gave me all kinds of experiences that I'm drawing on now to be able to do this. But I've got a long way to go. Regardless, we absolutely destroyed our area last week. This place has so much potential, and with a couple young guns like us just trying to follow the spirit, we saw miracles left and right.

I am so excited for you guys and your missionary opportunities. They bring more joy than anything. I have never been so happy in my life as I am now.

I am way happy to come home to OK. I was hoping for that.

All right, have a great week! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment