Monday, June 17, 2013

June 10, 2013

Dear family,

It's been a crazy week. We were about to announce the baptism of Cristian, a seventeen yearold kid that's been giving me headaches for like a month and a half, and he somehow found the way to not go to church. Luckily, a legendary less active that we've been working with shows up, and he wants to baptize his kids, so we'll see if we can help him with that. Have I mentioned I hate sundays? They are pretty awful out here. I get so flippin tense waiting on investigators to come to church. Luis is as usual finding as much opposition as he can. It really comes and finds him actually. But there you have it.

Something really cool that happened this week was the challenge that president Armstrong put out this week. We used to count the amount of contacts that we did, and we had to do a certain number a week, and he compared that to the law of moses. Well now the mission has moved to a higher law. That's gonna take a new level of focus for me, I think, but it'll be amazing. The new law is talk with everyone that is possible. It really made me realize how much importance this calling has. I've been studying a lot about a true conversion this week, how a person can really be changed. Psalms 40 has got to be the new theme of my mission. Just the whole thing is incredible. 

So how is the family doing? Relaxing for the summer? Is the pool open yet? Interesting fact, there are only like three public pools in this whole country. Oh yeah, last week, we found out that we're getting a new mission president two years early. It made me really sad, but everything is according to the will of the Lord. I just want to be the best instrument I can be for the new president when he gets here in July. So we'll see, huh?

Anyway, I love you all a ton, eat some american candy for me! 

Love,
Elder Pyper

No comments:

Post a Comment